The Park District strives to offer a pleasant experience for public swimming. Pool Rules are established to offer a clean and safe environment for everyone. Please obey all pool rules and Aquatic Staff to ensure a safe and fun experience while visiting Otter Cove Aquatic Park.
- All persons are encouraged to take a shower before entering the pool area.
- Locker Room Use
- Women’s Locker Room: girls ages 6 & older
- Men’s Locker Room: boys ages 6 & older
- Family Locker Rooms: available for all guests
- Guests must wear an appropriate swimsuit to swim. Non-appropriate swim attire includes, but is not limited to, sports bras, sport shorts, basketball shorts, cutoff jeans, underwear, thong bikinis and swimsuits deemed to be unfitting for family environment due to tightness, transparency or cut.
- Children who are not toilet-trained must wear a tightly-fitted disposable swim diaper.
- Spitting, spouting of water, blowing the nose or otherwise introducing contaminants into the swimming pool is not permitted.
- Pool water is not suitable for drinking. Patrons should avoid swallowing pool water.
- Running, boisterous or rough play and prolonged underwater breath holding is not allowed.
- All state and local health laws apply.
- For your safety, please follow the Aquatic Facility rules. The Park District reserves the right to revoke any season passes and suspend individuals paying daily admissions, if there are continual violations of facility rules.
- The use of cameras and other picture-taking equipment, including cell phones, is prohibited in the locker rooms.
Supervision of Children
- Parents/guardians are responsible for supervising their child(ren). Lifeguards are on duty to enforce rules and respond in case of an emergency.
- Children, ages 10 & under, must be accompanied by a person age 16 or older.
Play Toys/Swim Devices
- Soft water toys may be used in the Activity Pool and Sand Play Area only.
- Flotation devices and hard throwing or spraying objects are prohibited in the water areas.
- Infant rings and tubes, baby seat floats, and US Coast Guard approved lifejackets may be used within an arm’s reach of a parent/guardian.
- Use of swim goggles and masks is permitted. Use of snorkels, fins or other devices that obstruct both airways are not allowed.
- Sand toys are not permitted on the splash pads.Do not climb on the turtle or any other feature in the park.
- Do not climb on the turtle or any other feature in the park.
- Rinse off all sand before entering the splash pads or the Aquatic Park.
- Only one person on the diving board at a time.
- Use caution when diving. Head and neck injuries can result from improper diving.
- Pool patrons may be required to pass a swim test before using diving boards.
- Make sure diving area is clear of swimmers before diving.
- Wait for previous diver to reach the ladder before diving.
- One bounce allowed per diver.
- Dive straight off board, facing forward only. Flips off Diving Board are not allowed.
- Swimming lanes are designated for lap swim only. Swim to the right side in your lane.
Body Slide/Drop Slide Rules
- Height Requirements:
- Riders 42 – 47 inches may use this attraction wearing an approved US Coast Guard lifejacket.
- Riders 48+ inches may use this attraction without wearing an approved US Coast Guard lifejacket.
- Metal objects, locker keys, jewelry, metal snaps, watches, etc. are not allowed on any waterslide.
- Users must wait for the attendants signal before starting the ride.
- Only one rider may enter the flume at a time. No chain riding permitted.
- Ride Position:
- Body Slide: User must sit feet first lying down on your back or in a sitting position. Standing, stopping or sliding down headfirst is not allowed. Hands and arms must be kept inside the flume at all times.
- Drop Slide: User must sit feet first lying down on your back with legs crossed at ankles and arms folded across chest. Standing, stopping, or sliding down headfirst is not allowed. Riders may be required to pass a swim test before using.
- No swimming in splash down area.
- Pregnant women, elderly persons, and people using prescription medicines or those suffering from heart disease or high blood pressure should consult their physicians before using slides.
Tube Slide/Lazy River Rules
- Only tubes provided may be used at the aquatic facility. Clear tubes are for the Lazy River only. They are not permitted down the Tube Slide.
- Riders must remain in tubes at all times.
- One rider per single tube; two riders per double tube.
- Enter and exit the Lazy River at designated areas only.
- No stopping, walking, swimming or diving allowed.
- Children may not sit on an adults lap. Tubes with solid bottoms provided.
- Adults are responsible for children in the Lazy River at all times.
- Lounge chairs must be kept 4 feet from the pool’s edge and clear of emergency access points.
- Food and beverages must be kept and consumed in the Concession Area.
- Gum chewing is not permitted in the aquatic facility.
- Glass containers of any kind are not permitted.
- Otter Cove Aquatic Park is an alcohol and smoke free facility.
Pool Closure Guidelines
The Park District reserves the right to reduce pool operations or close the pool due to inclement weather, low attendance or low staff. Refunds will not be issued due to weather conditions, attendance or scheduled special events. The pool will close if any of the following conditions occur:
- Inclement weather such as strong rain, lightening, tornado, etc.
- Air temperature below 65 degrees
- Attendance severely reduced
- Scheduled special events
- Health & safety of the public is endangered